- 356 Miles since restoration.
- Exceptional example.
- Nut and bolt restoration.
- Manual Transmission.
- 1995cc engine.
Morgan Plus 4:
The Morgan Plus 4 (or +4) is an automobile produced by the Morgan Motor Company from 1950 to 1969. It is a more powerful and, in the case of the earlier cars, slightly longer version of the company’s previous 4/4 model. Plus 4 production was revived in 1985 and filled the gap between the 4/4 and the Plus 8 until 2000; it was again revived in 2005.
After World War II Morgan had re-introduced their 4/4 model fitted with a 1267 cc Standard engine. This continued in production until 1950 when it was replaced by the larger Plus 4 announced at the 1950 Earl’s Court Motor Show.
Body styles available were a 2-seat sports, 4 seat sports and more luxurious 2 or 4 seat drophead coupé (4 seat coupé 1954-1956 only).
One of the interesting quirks of the Plus 4 was that the engine cowling fitted so closely to the engine that there was no room for an air filter.