89 000 miles – 142 667km showing
2.0 L Four cylinder
4 – speed Manual
Front engine – Front wheel drive
No of doors
What makes this car special?
- Launched at the Paris Motor Show in 1955, the Citroen DS shocked the world with its aerodynamic design and innovative technology.
- A symbol of French ingenuity, the DS was a spaceship by the standards of the time and is remembered as one of the most successful cars of all time
- Manufactured from 1955 to 1975, the DS featured many innovative features such as:
- Hydropneumatic suspension
- Power steering
- Disc brakes (first for a production car)
- A fibreglass roof which lowered the centre of gravity
- Independent suspension
- New radial tyre technology which Citroen engineers exploited through parent company Michelin
- This is a South African model manufactured in 1969 that benefitted from upgraded hydraulic fluid (LHM) which was less corrosive.
- It has undergone a recent restoration at great expense which included modern upgrades such as:
- Air conditioning system
- Retro – modern audio system with USB connector and Bluetooth streaming capability