- A desirable 2 seater Jaguar E-type series 2.
- Fixed head coupe with low roofline (not 2+2).
- Recently had a major mechanical refurbishment.
- In addition a full engine rebuild and clutch replacement was done.
- A very quick and beautiful numbers matching classic Jaguar with Heritage certificate.
Series 2 E-Type:
The Series 2 introduced a number of design changes, largely due to U.S. design legislation. The most distinctive exterior feature is the absence of the glass headlight covers. This step was applied worldwide for the E-Type, not just to the American market.
Other hallmarks of Series 2 cars are a wrap-around rear bumper, re-positioned and larger front indicators and tail lights below the bumpers, an enlarged “mouth” which aided cooling, twin electric fans, plastic rocker switches in place of the Series I toggle switches.
A combination steering lock and ignition key was fitted to the steering column, which replaced the dashboard mounted ignition switch and charismatic push button starter. A new steering column was fitted with a collapsible section in the event of an accident.
New seats were fitted which allowed the fitment of head restraints, as required by U.S. law beginning in 1969. The interior and dashboard were also redesigned; rocker switches that met US health and safety regulations were substituted for toggle switches. The dashboard switches also lost their symmetrical layout.