What makes this car special?
- The GranSport is the sportier and improved version of the Maserati Coupe
- Superb dry sump Ferrari built V8 engine & great performance
- Rare – only 30 Maserati GranSport examples were imported to South Africa and only two were Spyders (convertibles)
- 35% faster gearshifts (GranSport)
- Exhausts with valve flaps that open at 4000 rpm (GranSport)
- Stiffened suspension (lowered by 10mm) (GranSport)
- Design tweaks by Frank Stephenson – curved sill extensions – deeper front grille and boot spoiler (GranSport)
The Maserati GranSport is a sportier version of the Maserati Coupé and featured improved aerodynamics, retuned suspension, engine and transmission, and a high quality leather and carbon fibre interior.
It was powered by the same 4,244 cc, dry sump, 90° V8 petrol engine used on the Coupé and Spyder. However, the engine develops 400 BHP at 7,000 rpm due primarily to a different exhaust system and improvements on the intake manifolds and valve seats.
Only the six-speed Cambiocorsa paddle shift transmission was offered, and was reprogrammed for quicker shifts (35%) The exhaust, equipped with bypass valves, was also specially tuned to “growl” on start-up and full throttle. The GranSport used the Skyhook active suspension, with a 10 millimetres (0.4 in) lower ride height. Other than height, the exterior dimensions and curb weight were unchanged from the Cambiocorsa Coupé and Spyder.
The GranSport had a claimed top speed of 290 km/h (180 mph), and a 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62 mph) acceleration time of 4.85 seconds.
This example was delivered new in 2006 by Viglietti Motors to a Cape Town client. It has had four owners since then, has been known to Crossley & Webb from new and has always been well maintained. Only two soft top examples (Spyders) of the GranSport were imported to South Africa.
The thrilling performance and rumble of the V8 engine is amplified by the open air driving configuration
At R 649 950, this is serious thoroughbred performance and far more stylish and rarer than a Porsche 997 Carrera
For more information contact Jeremy: (083) 459 9043 or Gareth: (083) 5370 456